Local Binghamton 'Cupid's Chase' run postponed
Local Binghamton ‘Cupid’s Chase’ run postponed
Runners from Binghamton will have to wait until Feb. 20 to participate in the annual “Cupid’s Chase” 5K to benefit those with disabilities.
The local event of the national charity run was postponed, with other events in 30 cities planned for Saturday. Visit cupidschase.org to find out more details and how to participate.
Now in its eighth year, the 5K is presented by Community Options, a national nonprofit that provides housing and employment support to people with severe mental and physical disabilities.
Participants for this year’s event will be in 30 cities, three of them in New York state: Binghamton, Syracuse and New York City.
And in the spirit of Valentine’s Day, all runners will receive an “Available” or “Unavailable” shirt to wear during the race.
The 5K acts as a fundraiser to support services for those with disabilities. Here’s a list of where others will be running:
- Arizona: Tuscon
- Kentucky: Bowling Green, Paducah.
- New Jersey: Glen Rock, Morristown, New Brunswick, Pennsauken, Princeton, Seaside Heights, Sewell.
- New Mexico: Albuquerque, Las Cruces, Santa Fe.
- New York: Binghamton, New York City, Syracuse.
- Pennsylvania: Harrisburg, Philadelphia, Pittsburgh, Trexlertown.
- South Carolina: Charleston, Columbia, Greenville.
- Tennessee: Chattanooga, Cookeville, Nashville.
- Texas: Austin, Corpus Christi, Dallas, El Paso, San Antonio.